Home / SportsDesk / Ginebra’s Tenorio begs off from Gilas pool

Ginebra’s Tenorio begs off from Gilas pool

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — LA Tenorio is taking a break from national team duties.

The Barangay Ginebra star, in a radio interview on Sports Chat over Sports Radio 918, said he is taking his name out of consideration for the Gilas Pilipinas pool which will compete in the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship.

“I’ve been with the national team for almost four years and the fatigue factor is evident. It’s evident that my output last season took a dip and that’s the fatigue factor. So I came out with this decision to be fair with both the national team and Ginebra,” said the 5-9 guard.

“Leave of absence lang naman this year.”

Tenorio was a vital player on the Gilas team that won silver in the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship. He was also part of the memorable squad that competed in the World Cup last year.

He may be taking a break but Tenorio says he’s willing to play again for Gilas if he gets called for duty next year.

Kung talagang tatawagin pa ako next year sa national team, I’m ready to play any time.”

According to Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas executive director Sonny Barrios, the Gilas pool will be announced on Monday (August 3).

ADVERTISEMENT
Tagged: