Home / world / 4 Italian construction workers kidnapped in Libya

4 Italian construction workers kidnapped in Libya

(CNN) — Four Italian employees working for a construction firm on the western cost of Libya have been kidnapped, the Italian Foreign Ministry said Monday (July 20).

A crisis team has been activated to assist and coordinate efforts to free the employees of the Bonatti construction company, the ministry said in a statement. It’s not clear when they were kidnapped.

Bonatti is based in Parma, Italy, and specializes in jobs in hazardous areas, according to the company’s website.

Earlier this year, Italy closed its embassy in Libya and urged all Italian citizens to leave the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
Tagged: