
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — Bobby Ray Parks Jr.’s business manager denied that any offer has been made by the Los Angeles Clippers.
It is no secret that the Filipino cager is trying to make it to the National Basketball Association (NBA), and made a big leap last week in making that dream a reality when he got invited to join the Dallas Mavericks’ Summer League team.
A report recently made rounds online that the Clippers are interested in signing Parks after the Summer League, a rumor which was denied by Parks’ business manager Charlie Dy.
“That news didn’t come from us,” Dy told CNN Philippines.
“There’s no truth to it as we never got any offer from the Clippers.”
Parks, who was not fortunate enough to have his name called out during the recently concluded NBA draft, was contacted by the Mavericks and offered him a chance to suit up for them during the Summer League.
“Since the Mavericks showed interest right after the draft and offered him a spot in their team, Ray is playing for them in the Summer League,” said Dy.
The Dallas Mavericks are set to appear in the 24-team Las Vegas Summer League from July 10 to 20.
Their first assignment is against the New Orleans Pelicans on July 12 PHT.












