Home / regional / Marcos Highway temporarily closed due to rock slide

Marcos Highway temporarily closed due to rock slide

(CNN Philippines) — Marcos Highway was temporarily closed on Sunday morning (July 19) due to a rock slide that left two of its lanes impassable.

Jerome Paragas of the Office of Civil Defense-CAR (OCD) said the rock slide occurred at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning (July 19) along Sitio Poyopoy, Taloy Sur, Tuba, Benguet.

Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) personnel were immediately dispatched to the area for clearing operations while vehicles were advised to take alternate roads leading to Baguio city.

Light vehicles were advised to take Kennon Road while trucks and buses were urged to take the longer route to Naguilian Road due to the temporary closure.

Paragas, however, said the OCD received assurance from the DPWH that immediate clearing of the road is underway as weather conditions have become favorable and that rains have stopped Sunday morning.

Meantime, three roads have one-lane passable on Sunday morning due to last week’s continued rains. These include the Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan Road , Benguet-Nueva Vizcaya Road and Abatan-Mankayan-Cervantes Road.

ADVERTISEMENT
Tagged: