Metro Manila, Philippines – Justice Secretary Fredderick Vida on Thursday said law enforcement agencies had been ordered to enforce the arrest warrant against Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.
Vida said the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) had been tasked to carry out the arrest of Dela Rosa.
“Senator Bato is a fugitive from justice and he should be brought to the ICC to face the charges before him,” said Vida.
The justice secretary also said that the agency had already received the complete report from the NBI, while the PNP was still collecting and transmitting additional documents regarding the May 13 shooting incident in the Senate complex.
Vida added that they had requested footage from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) related to Dela Rosa’s alleged escape from the Senate premises on May 14.
“We also made the request to the MMDA for all footages related, especially on May 14 after the 2:30 a.m. apparent escape of Bato from the Senate,” he said.
Asked about Dela Rosa’s whereabouts, Vida said authorities were pursuing several leads but declined to provide specifics.
“I heard there are leads that they are working on, there are definitely leads. As to the exact leads, I couldn’t discuss them,” Vida said.















