
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – There’s no hostage taking at the house of the late Eraño Manalo on Tandang Sora Avenue in Quezon City.
Chief Supt. Joel Pagdilao, director of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD), gave this assurance to members of the Iglesia Ni Cristo late Thursday night (July 23).
Some alarmed INC members, along with reporters from various news organizations, gathered outside the Manalo house a day after a video was posted on YouTube.
‘ ‘6’: ‘assetautoplay’: false ‘assetcontrols’: true ‘assetloop’: false ‘assetmuted’: false ‘assetpreload’: ‘auto’ ’embed’: ‘
There were also photos and videos that appeared on television and online news sites supposedly showing a window of the Manalo. The images showed a signs, held by an unseen person, one of them reading: “Tulong hostage kami [Help we’re being held hostage].”
During the Thursday 6 p.m. INC service, Eduardo Manalo himself announced that his mother and his three siblings, had been excommunicated.
RELATED: Iglesia ni Cristo expels Manalo siblings, mother
Manalo said the dispute among them was doctrinal and had nothing to do with issues of corruption.
He explained that his family members violated important doctrines regarding the validity of existence of INC until the “apocalypse.”
Later that evening, outside the Manalo house, Edwil Zabala, INC spokesman, said the expelled Manalos could still be reinstated if they could ask the forgiveness of the executive minister.
Meanwhile, as of posting time, Cristina Manalo and her children were still in their house, saying that had enough food and water, contrary to reports circulating in social media that they had not eaten or drunk anything for days.












