
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III pulled no punches in response to Vice President Jejomar Binay’s strongly worded letter to him last week.
In the letter sent to the Office of the Vice President on Tuesday (June 30), Pimentel repeated that his call for an audit of of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) was no demolition job.
‘ ‘2’:

Pimentel even said that he couldn’t participate in any smear campaign against the Vice President because of their political ties — reminding him that they were partymates for almost 30 years before Binay left PDP-Laban in 2014.
The statement was in reaction to Binay’s accusations that Pimentel and his “Senate cohorts” have been carrying out “demolition by perception” against the Vice President via Blue Ribbon Subcommittee hearings.
“The revelation of the truth is not demolition,” Pimentel said.
Read: Pimentel: Call for Binay audit as HUDCC chief not a demolition job
Pimentel also took a swipe at Binay for being a no-show in ongoing Senate probes.
“Pareho po naman tayong abogado at alam natin na ang takot sa imbestigasyon ay iyun lamang may tinatago,” the senator said.
[Translation: “We’re both lawyers and we know that people who fear investigations are those who have something to hide.”]
Meanwhile, Pimentel also packed a one-liner of his own — in response to Binay’s “Magpakalalaki ka [Man up]” challenge.
He noted that instead of making good on Binay’s campaign slogan in 2010, which said, ‘Kay Binay Gaganda Ang Buhay [With Binay, life will be better],’ it now turned out that the correct version should be: ‘Si Binay Gumaganda Ang Buhay! [It’s only Binay’s life that’s getting better!]'”
‘ ’12’:
















