
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 9) — The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) will be submitting its recommendations on COVID-19 to the Office of the President by Monday, the Department of Health (DOH) said in a briefing on Tuesday.
However, the recommendations will have to be confidential for now, said DOH officer-in-charge Maria Rosario Vergeire.We confirm that we had our IATF meeting yesterday,” Vergeire said. “All of the discussions yesterday are confidential and we still cannot disclose because we will be submitting to the Office of the President our recommendations.
The country’s top health official also stressed that while the World Health Organization (WHO) already lifted the global health emergency for COVID-19, this does not mean the pandemic is over.
The DOH earlier said the IATF will convene to “discuss and reassess policies and other guidelines affected by the [WHO’s] declaration.”
The average daily cases in the country so far, according to the DOH, is at 1,400.This is around 87% increase from the previous that we have reported,” Vergeire said.96% of all of these cases are either mild, asymptomatic or moderate cases. Meron lang maliit na porsyento [There’s just a small number], around 4%, who are severe and critical,” she added.Hospitals also remain at low risk utilization, according to Vergeire.















