Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, December 4) — The Philippine National Police (PNP) has identified at least two persons of interest (POIs) who could be linked to the blast at the Mindanao State University in Marawi City that killed four people on Sunday.
\”Based din sa nakalap na ebidensiya, including witness accounts, meron nang tinitingnan na dalawang persons of interest,\” PNP spokesperson Jean Fajardo said Monday. \”At base dun sa mga pinakita nilang larawan dun sa rogues’ gallery ay may mga positive identification dun sa dalawang POIs na yun.\”
[Translation: Based on the evidence gathered, including witness accounts, there two persons of interest. And based on the pictures they showed in the rogues’ gallery, there is positive identification of those two POIs.]
Fajardo said the Bangsamoro Provincial Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Canine Unit recovered fragments from a 60 mm mortar, which are being probed to identify the improvised explosive device (IED) used.
The explosion left four people dead and at least 46 wounded, five of whom were in critical condition.
\”Yung five reported in critical condition ay they are now in stable condition. So far ay anim na lamang ang nasa ospital but all these six are all in stable condition,\” Fajardo said.
[Translation: The five reported in critical condition are now in stable condition. So far only six are in the hospital but all six are in stable condition.]
Meanwhile, a special task group has been created to investigate the deadly explosion that ripped through a Catholic mass service at the university gym.
To date, the PNP official said authorities only have surveillance video from outside the university as there was no available CCTV footage inside the campus.
Fajardo further clarified that police and even military forces are limited to \”roving patrols\” in the university area and that they can only enter MSU only if requested.
Full alert status has been raised over the whole of Mindanao, including intensified border control inspections, to prevent further attacks.
READ: PNP: Red alert up in Mindanao, heightened alert raised in NCR over Marawi blast
















