Home / regional / Comelec confiscates campaign materials in Bukidnon

Comelec confiscates campaign materials in Bukidnon

(FILE PHOTO)

Valencia City, Bukidnon (CNN Philippines, October 22) — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) in Valencia City, Bukidnon confiscated nearly a thousand illegal campaign materials for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) during simultaneous operations on Saturday.

Despite repeated warnings, some candidates and their supporters continued to defy rules on posting posters and other campaign paraphernalia only in designated areas.

The local Comelec office also said 18 candidates have already received show cause orders for premature campaigning.Earlier this month, the Comelec held a candidates’ forum at the Valencia City gym addressing its rules and policies, highlighted by the agency’s Kontra Bigay campaign against vote-buying and vote-selling.Provincial Comelec Supervisor Atty. Aleli Dayo-Ramirez urged all aspirants in Bukidnon to take precautions and not violate election guidelines to avoid penalties.She said candidates from the towns of Cabanglasan, Quezon, Malitbog, and Maramag have been accused of illegal campaigning.

ADVERTISEMENT
Tagged: