Home / News / Remulla wants NBI group to probe flood control deals

Remulla wants NBI group to probe flood control deals

Metro Manila, Philippines – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will join the fray of probers in the crackdown on controversial flood control projects, a Cabinet official said.

“We will mobilize the NBI for that,” Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said in an ambush interview on Wednesday, Sept. 3, when asked about the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) move in relation to the controversy.

The justice chief said the group will be the DOJ’s backup, and that people proven to have committed irregularities will be liable.

“Basta lahat ng kasama, kasama talaga diyan. Wala tayo sisinuhin talaga,” he said.

[Translation: Everyone who is included will be held accountable.]

The DOJ is poised to release immigration lookout bulletin orders against 26 contractors and employees of the Department of Public Works and Highways, which is the center of the infrastructure mess.

Remulla previously said a potential whistleblower’s counsel reached out to him to expose alleged corruption in P5-billion flood control projects in Central Luzon.

ADVERTISEMENT