Home / News / Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte says she has tested positive again for COVID-19

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte says she has tested positive again for COVID-19

(FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 29) — Quezon City’s top official said she has tested positive again for COVID-19.

In a statement posted on the Quezon City government’s social media pages Monday, Mayor Joy Belmonte said she was experiencing only mild symptoms and will continue to work while being quarantined at the Hope Community Care Facility in the city.

“Needless to say, I will abide by all the recommended protocols and actions prescribed by the DOH, IATF, and our own City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit. Our CESU is likewise hard at work doing full contact-tracing procedures on individuals that I may have had close contact with,” said Belmonte.

The mayor tested positive for the virus for the first time eight months ago.

“Even after recovering from the virus last year and carefully observing all the recommended precautions, my positive result is a sober reminder that there is no room for complacency when it comes to this disease,” she added.

On Monday, the Department of Health said the country logged over 10,000 new cases, bringing the nationwide cumulative case count to 731,894.

This is the sixth time in less than two weeks that the Philippines set a new record high, surpassing the previous record of 9,838 infections listed just three days earlier.

STATEMENT OF QUEZON CITY MAYOR JOY BELMONTE

Eight months after my first bout with COVID-19, I am very sad to report…

Posted by Quezon City Government on Monday, March 29, 2021

ADVERTISEMENT
Tagged: