
Metro Manila, Philippines – President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. skipped this year’s F1 Singapore Grand Prix, the Presidential Communications Office (PCO) said on Sunday, Sept. 22.
PCO Secretary Cesar Chavez was asked if the president attended the motor racing event. He replied: “He did not go to Singapore.”
“[H]ome with family, shoot the weekly vlog, review and signed some documents,” Chavez said of the president’s weekend schedule.
In 2022, Marcos drew flak after being seen at the F1 Grand Prix, days after a super typhoon battered the country. Malacañang defended that the president’s Singapore visit was productive as there had been investment talks.
Last year, on an official visit to Singapore, Marcos went to the racing event again upon the invitation of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Malacañang said the president received confirmation for an investment pledge worth ₱11-billion.


















