
Metro Manila, Philippines – Ako Bicol party-list Rep. Zaldy Co’s movement is “being tracked already” amid questions on his whereabouts as his name continues to be linked to the flood control scandal, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said on Thursday, Sept. 25.
Co has been accused of inserting billions worth of government projects in exchange for kickbacks when he was the House appropriations panel chairman in the last Congress.
READ: Zaldy Co ex-security detail names Romualdez in flood control kickbacks
Remulla said an immigration lookout bulletin order has already been issued against Co.
“We’re trying to track him and marami nang tumutulong na tao [many people are helping us],\” the secretary said in a chance interview.
Earlier this month, House spokesperson Princess Abante said Co is in the United States for a medical treatment. Speaker Bojie Dy later ordered Co to return to the country after revoking his travel authority.
Asked about circulating information online that Co is in Spain, Remulla said they are still verifying it.
“There’s a boarding pass or flight details sent to us, but we have to validate,” the justice chief said.
Co has been absent since the start of the 20th Congress in July.
Co is the co-founder of construction firm Sunwest. He has divested from the company in 2019. The congressman is also linked to Misibis Aviation and Development and Hi-Tone Construction Development.
Sunwest and Hi-Tone are among the top flood control project contractors nationwide.
Public Works and Highways Secretary Vince Dizon flagged Co’s air assets worth P4.7 billion.
The Independent Commission for Infrastructure and the Senate blue ribbon committee have been conducting investigations in the flood control scandal, in which several lawmakers were tagged.














