
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 23) — The Department of Health said the vaccination of frontline workers under the A4 priority group will have to wait until a set of guidelines is issued.
“We are drafting the guidelines right now…We will soon be issuing this,” Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire told a virtual briefing on Friday.
She noted that the final guidelines will be based on recent meetings with other Health officials, including the National Immunization Technical Advisory Group, Vaccine czar Sec. Carlito Galvez, Jr., the private sector, and other stakeholders.
The Philippines’ vaccine rollout started last month with the country’s 1.7 million health workers, followed by senior citizens and people with comorbidities.
The government already identified frontline workers in essential sectors, who will be next in the vaccine priority line. Some of those listed were workers in commuter transport, wet and dry markets, food service, news media, education, specific government agencies, and overseas workers.
READ: COVID-19 task force finalizes 4th priority list in PH vaccination drive
It eyes to start inoculating these Filipinos by June.
So far, more than three million doses have arrived in the country, while more than 1.6 million were administered based on latest data.
By the end of the year, the government hopes to immunize up to 70 million Filipinos.
















