
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 19)— The family of PBA legend Robert Jaworski on Friday asked for the public’s continued prayers, as the former senator continues his road to recovery following his bout with pneumonia.
In an official statement, the basketball icon’s family revealed he was hospitalized last year. They said Jaworski had difficulty in regaining his strength, weight, and normal well-being due to a “non-life threatening blood abnormality that was discovered by his doctors in 2016.”
Despite this, the family assured the public that Jaworski is “making good progress and is slowly moving forward.”
“At this time of his recuperation, our family would like to request for your continued well-wishes and prayers for our beloved father,” the family said, as they thanked everyone for respecting their request for privacy.
The family added that Jaworski had tested negative for COVID-19.
Jaworski, who turned 75 last March 8, was recently named as one of the sports icons in the 2021 class of the Philippine Sports Hall of Fame. He is also part of the PBA’s 40 Greatest Players list and PBA Hall of Fame Class of 2005.
LOOK: Official statement of the family of PBA legend and former Senator Robert Jaworski, Sr. on his health | @dtdyumol pic.twitter.com/vldTtEMSyG
— CNN Philippines Sports Desk (@sportsdeskph) March 19, 2021
















